Excessive requirements of well being and security have been applied all through the Island, which incorporates native measures developed by the Puerto Rico Tourism Firm (PRTC), to safeguard the wellbeing of residents and guests.
Transportation: Licensed transportation carriers are correctly disinfecting automobiles and have hand sanitizer accessible. Drivers put on gloves when dealing with doorways and baggage. Face coverings are necessary for drivers and passengers. Ridesharing choices like Uber have launched rules that additionally mandate face coverings for drivers and passengers, with no entrance seat passengers permitted.
Eating: Choices throughout the lodging part guarantee ground plans preserve distancing protocols, with buffets, salad bars, and self-serve choices eradicated, and reusable menus prohibited. Staff are required to make use of face coverings and if serving friends, gloves.
- Proof of vaccination or a adverse check consequence taken inside 72 hours is required for all patrons and staff of eating places, meals courts, bars, chinchorros, or any indoor location the place meals and drinks are ready and served.
- Please word that solely FDA-approved vaccinations will likely be accepted. These embody Pfizer-BioNTech, Trendy, and Janssen/Johnson & Johnson.
- Kids underneath the age of 11 are required to maintain masks on when not consuming or consuming.
Lodging: Completely sanitized properties that comply with PRTC requirements could also be licensed with Island-specific well being certification seals. Visitors will obtain a Well being & Security information detailing the specialised measures applied by every property individually. It is strongly recommended that guests join with their accommodations/hosts straight for added info.
- Vaccinations are required for each staff and friends of all accommodations, paradores, guesthouses, and short-term leases throughout the Island.
- These not vaccinated should current a adverse PCR or antigen check taken inside 72 hours of the start of their go to. If staying longer than one week, they have to proceed to current adverse assessments on a weekly foundation.
- These not vaccinated as a consequence of medical or spiritual causes should present correct documentation confirming this and nonetheless should current adverse assessments on a weekly foundation.
- Accommodations/Resorts: Temperature checks, screening signs and the disinfecting of bags could happen in reception areas upon entry whereas following excessive requirements of cleanliness and housekeeping procedures in accordance with CDC and EPA pointers. Lodge pool services and health facilities are open, whereas spas stay open for appointments solely. Restricted capacities are inspired in elevators. Furnishings, chairs, tables, and surfaces will likely be sanitized repeatedly.
- Brief-Time period Leases: Hosts are chargeable for completely cleansing and disinfecting the property, following the well being and security protocol enforced by the Authorities and the PRTC, together with the correct sanitation of kitchenware, glassware, and utensils. Solely registered friends are permitted to remain on the property as group gatherings are prohibited. Visitors are required to finish a Journey Declaration Type from the Puerto Rico Tourism Firm.
Sights: Sights and excursions are open. Guests ought to join with their tour operators straight for added details about operation standing and particular protocols. Public seashores and pure reserves are open, following social distancing pointers. Masks are required in all indoor areas, no matter vaccination standing.
The Division of Well being has elevated sources to make sure vacationers are abiding by native pointers. Vacationers who don’t adjust to the orders and the native measures imposed by the Division of Well being, will likely be fined as much as $5,000 for the primary offense and as much as $10,000 for added offenses.