It’s attainable to transit China with no visa.
In case your layover in China is lower than 1 day, you may probably take pleasure in a 24-hour transit with no visa (24-hour TWOV). It’s obtainable to passengers of most nationalities at most ports of entry.
In case your layover is greater than 24 hours, you may take into account 72-hour TWOV or 144-hour TWOV.
What the Situations Are
Visas aren’t required if you transit via mainland China for a keep of lower than 24 hours earlier than heading to a 3rd nation or area.
- You should be in transit to a 3rd nation or area, which means you can not depart for the nation you simply got here from.
- Your transit time is not more than 24 hours. The 24-hour interval is measured out of your scheduled arrival into China till your scheduled departure from China.
- You should maintain onward tickets to a 3rd nation or area (Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan are handled as separate areas on this case). For instance: USA – Shanghai – Hong Kong – USA. It’s ineligible in case your journey is New York – Beijing – Hawaii as a result of New York and Hawaii each belong to the US.
- This coverage is relevant to three forms of automobile: trains, ferries, and air planes.
- It permits a number of stops inside mainland China for many airports, so long as you allow mainland China in 24 hours (for instance, USA – Beijing – Guangzhou – UK).
- You’re required to stay throughout the transit space. If you wish to depart the port, you may apply for a Non permanent Keep Allow upon arrival.
- Your passport should be legitimate for no less than 6 months from the date of supposed arrival.
When you discover you aren’t eligible for visa-free transit, you could apply for a visa.
Who Can Apply
Most nations are eligible for the 24-hour TWOV besides these listed beneath: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
The Ports of Entry That Are Concerned
A 24-hour TWOV is out there in all ports of entry besides for the next (present listing as of January 2018):
- Fuzhou Changle Worldwide Airport
- Mudanjiang Hailang Worldwide Airport
- Shenzhen Bao’an Worldwide Airport
- Yanji Chaoyangchuan Worldwide Airport
The Required Paperwork
A passport and ticket are required.
That you must present the paperwork listed beneath to use for 24-hour visa-free transit:
- Legitimate passport
- Onward ticket to a 3rd nation (area) with a confirmed date and seat
- Visa for a 3rd nation/area (if wanted)
- Arrival and departure playing cards (utterly crammed in)
How the 24 Hours Are Calculated
The 24 hours begin counting out of your scheduled arrival time and finish at your scheduled departure time.
Don’t fear in case your inbound flight arrives early or your outbound flight runs late — the scheduled time is what issues.
In case you are unable to depart on time on account of unavoidable causes, similar to a flight cancellation, you could apply for a visa from the Municipal Public Safety Bureau.
Variations Between 24, 72, and 144-Hour Visa-Free Transit
There are three sorts of transit with no visa (TWOV) packages in mainland China: 24-hour TWOV, 72-hour TWOV, and 144-hour TWOV.
24-Hour TWOV 72-Hour TWOV 144-Hour TWOV Nationalities Lined Practically all nationalities 53 nationalities 53 nationalities Ports of Entry Most Chinese language cities 18 Chinese language cities Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Beijing, Tianjin, Shijiazhuang, Qinhuangdao, Dalian, Shenyang Arrival and Departure May be by totally different ports. Should be by the identical port May be by totally different ports. Technique of Transport Aircraft, ship, or prepare By air Aircraft, ship, or prepare Journey in Mainland China Restricted to the transit space Restricted to a metropolis space Restricted to a area
- 1. Passengers touring with US and Canadian passports aren’t permitted to make use of the multiple-stop transit inside China if transiting via Weihai (WEH) or Wuhan (WUH).
- 2. Transit together with a number of stops inside China is permitted at Guangzhou solely when the primary transit level is Beijing (PEK).
- 3. Particular provisions apply to Urumqi (URC), the place you’re permitted to remain in transit for a most of two hours. Afterwards, passengers must both proceed to different home transit factors by air or depart China within the subsequent 22 hours.
- 4. All vacationers in transit are required to undergo immigration and customs even when they don’t intend to depart the airport, aside from passengers arriving and departing from Beijing Capital Worldwide Airport the place they’ll proceed on to the sterile transit space with out immigration checks.
[The above information was updated on January 31st, 2018. The situation changes on a daily basis. Please double-check when you plan your tour.]
We Can Maximize Your (Visa-Free) Keep in China
Many cities similar to Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Guilin have had a 72-hour or 144-hour (6-day) visa-free transit coverage.
The next in style itineraries may be custom-made to your size of keep and pursuits:
- 3-Day Important Beijing Visa-Free Tour: See the Nice Wall, the Forbidden Metropolis, and the Temple of Heaven.
- 2-Day Charming Shanghai and Watertown Tour: See the most effective of Shanghai — the Bund, Yu Backyard, and a watertown.