Southwest Airways accepts small vaccinated home cats and canines to journey with you in-cabin below the seat in entrance of you. All pets have to be carried in an acceptable service, as indicated under. The pet service counts as both a carryon merchandise or a private merchandise.
Pets shall be accepted on a first-come, first-served foundation till capability is reached. Six (6) pets are allowed per flight with a restrict of 1 pet service per paying Buyer touring on the identical flight. Nonetheless, once in a while, circumstances might permit for extra (or fewer) than six (6) pet carriers per scheduled flight.
Pets have to be checked in on the airport ticket counter, nevertheless Prospects can nonetheless safe their boarding move on-line, at curbside test in, the airport kiosk, or the ticket counter.
We preserve the correct to refuse acceptance of a cat or canine exhibiting aggressive conduct or every other traits that seem incompatible with air journey.
For a listing of key Pet subjects please go to our Pet Assist Middle.
Pet Reservation & Fee Data
- Pets touring are topic to a $95 Pet Fare every manner per pet bnok.vn Fares are refundable. When you cancel your reservation and your pet doesn’t journey or in case your flight is canceled and also you select to not rebook, contact Southwest at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) or go to the airport ticket counter to course of your refund. Please word, Pet Fare pricing is topic to alter at any time.
- U.S. Home Flights: Reservations have to be made prematurely by calling 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). On the day of journey, Prospects should carry the pet to the airport in an accredited pet service. Proceed to the airport ticket counter to test the pet in and pay the Pet Fare earlier than going to the departure gate.
- Worldwide Flights: Animals usually are not allowed to journey in-cabin on worldwide flights or any itinerary that features a world flight.
In-cabin Pet Carriers
Get your official Southwest Airways branded pet service for $58 (tax included) at any Southwest Airport Ticket Counter or on-line (tax not included) at Southwest: The Retailer (not an affiliate of Southwest Airways Co.). Pet carriers are nonrefundable.
Acceptable Pet Carriers:
- The Southwest Airways Pet Provider (17” lengthy x 9.5” excessive x 10” extensive).
- Different pet carriers with most dimensions of 18.5” lengthy x 8.5” excessive x 13.5” extensive.
- Mushy-sided and hard-sided carriers particularly designed as pet carriers are acceptable.
- The carriers have to be leak-proof and effectively ventilated.
- The pet service have to be sufficiently small to suit below the seat in entrance of the Buyer and be stowed in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules.
Pet Provider Necessities:
- Southwest Airways permits just one pet service per ticketed Passenger.
- The service might comprise two (2) cats or canines and have to be of the identical species per service.
- The cat or canine have to be fully contained in the pet service and be capable to arise and transfer across the service with ease.
- Pets have to be secured within the pet service always whereas within the gate space, throughout boarding/deplaning, they usually should stay within the service for all the period of the flight. Failure to comply with this requirement might end in denial of transportation of the pet onboard Southwest Airways.
Be aware: Pet carriers are thought-about both a private merchandise or a carryon merchandise. A Buyer might board the plane with both a pet service and a private merchandise or a pet service and an everyday dimension carryon bag. A Buyer might not board the plane with a pet service, an everyday dimension carryon bag, and a private merchandise. The pet service should conform to all carryon baggage rules.
Pet Journey Restrictions
- Southwest Airways doesn’t settle for pets (cats or canines) touring with out a Buyer.
- Pets usually are not permitted to journey with Unaccompanied Minors.
- Pets usually are not permitted to journey to worldwide locations. Be aware: Pets are permitted to journey to San Juan (SJU).
- Prospects touring with a pet might not occupy an exit row or a seat with no ahead under-seat stowage.
- Southwest Airways will solely carry pets within the cabin; pets usually are not permitted as checked baggage.
- There shall be not more than six (6) scheduled pet carriers per scheduled flight. Nonetheless, once in a while, circumstances might permit for extra (or fewer) than six (6) pet carriers per scheduled flight.
- Cats and canines have to be not less than eight (8) weeks outdated for journey.
- The animals have to be innocent, not disruptive, odorless, and require no consideration throughout flight.
- Cats and canines should stay within the service (together with head and tail) and the service have to be stowed below the seat in entrance of the Buyer (proprietor) for all the period of the flight.
- Southwest Airways won’t be accountable if a Buyer misses a flight because of the must take the cat or canine to an outdoor aid space. Flight departures won’t be delayed or held to ensure that connecting Prospects to take a pet to an animal aid space.
- If the pet turns into sick in the course of the flight, oxygen or different first help procedures won’t be administered.
- Within the occasion of an emergency, an oxygen masks will not be accessible for the cat or canine.
- Southwest Airways assumes no legal responsibility for the well being or wellbeing of carryon pets.
- Southwest Airways won’t settle for pet stays within the cabin of the plane.
Be aware: These restrictions don’t apply to educated service animals accompanying an individual with a incapacity. Extra Data
Touring with Pets: Safety
When passing by means of safety, Prospects shall be requested to carry the pet and stroll by means of the screening machine whereas the service is x-rayed.
All pet carriers are topic to being searched by the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA), different airport safety authorities, in addition to searches by airline personnel.