The Greatest Sports activities Bar San Juan is a part of TPOL’s Transfer to PR sequence, which covers greater than you’ve ever wished to find out about visiting Puerto Rico.
You now know the place to get tacos in San Juan and the place to go for a run. However the place to go for the massive recreation? Once I lived in Mongolia, the one dependable place was dwelling with my Slingbox (see Are You Prepared for Some Soccer? An Expat’s Survival Information for American Deportes). In contrast to Mongolia, San Juan has extra decisions. Throughout this World Cup, I went to 2 sports activities bars in Outdated San Juan, one in Condado, and two in Isla Verde (which is technically a district of Carolina however this submit is about sports activities, not geography).
See more: Sports bar san juan puerto rico
So which one was the most effective? Let’s go from tamest to biggest.
Outdated San Juan
- Tijuana’s: Tijuana’s is positioned on Calle Marina in Outdated San Juan. There’s one other one in Condado as properly. Nothing spectacular about this place aside from a good view of the marina and free chips and salsa.
- Greengos: (Calle Fortaleza, San Juan, 00901) Is gringos a derogatory time period for American vacationers? Does it have the identical unfavourable connotation as gaijin in Japan? If it does, nobody has informed the proprietor of this sports activities bar. I went right here for 2 video games together with the championship recreation. Whereas the place is spacious on the within, there may be not a energetic ambiance. And the margarita was actually the worst I’ve ever had.
Primarily based on these two bars, I’m going to conclude that Outdated San Juan will not be the place to observe sports activities.
- The Place: With a reputation like that, it should be the place to observe sports activities. I may see it being reside, however the 2PM crowd was disappointing, although just a few Medallas makes all the pieces extra pleasant.
- Alambique: (5806, Calle Jose M. Tartak, Carolina, 00979) I hopped in an Uber and requested the motive force to take me to a seashore bar in Condado. She requested if I had ever been to Alambique in Isla Verde. I mentioned no however determined to present it a shot. The bar is positioned proper on the seashore and had a a lot livelier crowd than these in San Juan. I had two Medallas and loved the view. My ears picked up the faint sound of 70’s music from the place subsequent door. I made a decision to depart Alambique and test it out.
- D’Shack Subsequent Door: I don’t need to put the handle of this place, nor do I’ve to go deep into an outline. Because the identify suggests, this tiny bar is positioned proper subsequent to Alambique. What it lacks in dimension, it makes up for in vitality. I shortly turned buddies with the bartender, Thomas, and hours later I used to be answerable for the music. For those who’re searching for a spot to observe the sport, a spot to occasion, or a spot to do nothing, I extremely counsel D’Shack above all others.
San Juan has the everyday sports activities bars and eating places for watching the massive recreation, together with Chili’s! However when you’re searching for greater than the Buffalo Wild Wings expertise, I counsel going to D’Shack’s. Inform Thomas that Alex the DJ despatched you.